“What’s your ‘secret’ to teen engagement?”
Visitors to VOX ATL have been asking for ideas to increase youth voice and engagement in their classrooms and after-school programs.
We have always brought self-expression workshops to teens in partnership with schools and organizations, and recently we’ve been offering trainings for staff of youth-development organizations as well.
Now, we can do even more by sharing interactive, “VOXy” learning activities for use wherever teens are meeting and learning with free, teacher-created Lesson Guides.
Each VOX ATL Lesson Guide* is full of hands-on activities that use teens’ published content for exploring critical issues and developing skills aligned with Georgia’s Department of Education Standards of Excellence and Afterschool & Youth Development Quality Standards.
Our Guide was co-created by educators from GSU’s College of Education & Human Development MACIE program, using VOX ATL’s highly interactive program model and commitment to authentic youth voice.
Thank you for being our partner as Guides on the Side with teens! If you have questions about the Lesson Guides or want to offer your feedback, please click here.
With appreciation, the VOX ATL Team
Summer & Back-to-School 2021 Lesson Guide
- Full Summer & Back-to-School 2021 Lesson Guide (Here you’ll find complete lesson plans focused on themes of identity, mental health and social-emotional development, coping with the Covid-19 pandemic, and more.)
Special thanks to Tram Nguyen and A. Posey for their collaboration on the Spring & Summer 2021 Lesson Guide.
2020 Lesson Guides
- Intro to the Guide
- Creating Safe, Courageous & Creative Spaces with Teens
- QuaranTEEN Series, with a focus on Mental Health
- #YAR – Youth Activism Revolution
- Full Spring 2020 Lesson Guide
Special thanks to Ashley Peyton and A. Posey for their collaboration on the Spring 2020 Lesson Guide.